Monday, July 12, 2010

Sewing, old school style

















Well, I'm back from our family vacation. We did our second annual trek to the Poconos. The girls love the place we stay at because of the 2 pools and the fact that it backs onto a small stables where they can visit all the animals on a daily basis. I love the fact that a little trip up the road brings you to a Barnes and Nobles/Starbucks. Every day we went for good coffee and tons of books. I stumbled along a very cool book that I felt I could not live without. It is a guide to sewing machine attachments. Now, this may seem a bit boring to some, but to me - I feel like I have found the holy grail of sewing!! Years ago I purchased an old peddle sewing machine that came with a bunch of old sewing attachments that looked odd and unusual. I have been dying to use this machine to find out first of all how hard it is to use a peddle, and secondly to give an older feel to sewing pieces I work on. Armed with this new book I acquired on vacation, I feel I am finally ready to take the plunge and sew with it.

Not only that, this book shows many attachments still available on the market today. There are some I just have to try asap!!I believe I will be ordering a few specialty attachments from some of the stores listed in this book. Really and truly, I believe that the tiny boxes that these attachments will be coming in will be much more exciting to me than a little box of jewelry. My anniversary is coming up soon, hmmm! (steviewonder - hint, hint!!)

Some day soon when my sewing desk isn't embarrassingly messy I'll snap a few shots of this old sewing machine I'm talking about and the sewing machine my grandma gave me when I lived with her. Both have sat dormant way too long (my grandma's in particular since I lost the key to open it - later to be found in a box of barbie bits and bobs!) and need to be oiled and taken for a test drive soon!! More to come!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea with Vera Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice