Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Balance


I'm sitting in a coffee shop, for hours on end, working away on my business. Why? I cannot work at home - well, not uninterrupted. For some reason, laundry, baking, cleaning, crafting, all these things seem to come to mind and my focus is interrupted. Not to mention, my daughter has called home a few times this year with something wrong. My husband's job keeps him at the office late enough these days that the lawn would be a wild forest of overgrown grass and weeds if I didn't give in and do something about it. So, how do you accomplish everything you want to as a stay-at-home entrepreneurial mom?? I haven't figured that out. I don't think I ever will - and I believe I have given up trying to find the balance. Life throws so many unexpected challenges, I think the only thing you can do is have a goal and aim for it. I found out yesterday my friend's dad was killed in a car crash. How do you move beyond that? Suddenly you come down to earth again and look around and realize that laundry is actually important, because its good to send your kids to school in clean clothes. Being there for your kid when math is their Waterloo, well, you have to find the time to sit and do it. If you sign your kid up for piano lessons, you do have to help them. Your mom wants a cup of coffee with you, be insanely happy your mom is there. I guess the point is that it takes a lifetime to find a balance, because its just that, balancing. It's a constant challenge.
(to my dear friend, my prayers are with you - lots and lots of them.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea with Vera Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice