Thursday, November 4, 2010



Well, its finally done!! What do you think? Kyla loves it, so really that's all that counts. We also were able to snag a twin bed on kijiji for $20 that I painted purple to match alot of the purple throughout the quilt. I know - a bit crazy to have a purple bed, but can you actually see it in the picture? Nope! The quilt is so long, and the bed frame is so low, that committing to purple was an insanely easy decision since it would be hardly noticeable anyways. Kyla loves saying she has a purple bed, I love watching the expression on peoples faces when they try to hide the fact that they think I'm crazy!

I'm thrilled every day when I walk into her room and some of my favorite textile designers are represented in the quilt. If you haven't heard of Amy Butler, Kaffe Fassett or Anna Maria Horner, google them and get addicted to their work like I am!! I tend to be much more traditional in my colour palette then they are, so it was an amazing departure to sew this quilt! This quilt is reminding me how much i love to sew and play with patterns, and that I really do need to find time for kids, work and sewing. Hmmm, found any extra hours in the day hanging around lately??  I have another quilt brewing in my mind already - although really no place for it to go in my house. I picked up some fat quarters at a craft show I took Kyla to a couple weeks ago. All the patterns are very retro. I'm thinking of doing a log cabin pattern using these new swatches - although I don't have nearly enough in my stash yet. Ahh, guess that means I have to do a bit more fabric shopping!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea with Vera Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice